SEVEN STEPS THAT WILL SET YOU UP TO SELL
Spring has sprung and it's typically when we see the property market surge. If you're one of the many who will be doing a spring clean and making your home market ready make sure you tick off this checklist first.
1. Take clean and tidy to the next level. First impressions count, so make sure your home sparkles. Pay particular attention to the front entrance and garden, clean walls, rid cobwebs and fix up peeling paint. Make sure kitchens and bathrooms are extra clean.
2. Create space. Make your home seem as big as possible by ridding unnecessary furniture, removing clutter and clearing out cupboards - renting a storage unit to store excess stuff can really pay off come sale time.
3. Ditch the emotions. Avoid thinking about all the emotional connections you have with your property - you need potential buyers to see a home that could be theirs, not yours.
4. Collate all your affairs. Valuations, property plans and title documents, power and rates bills. It's a good idea to pull it all together in one handy resource.
5. Team up with someone you trust. Select a real estate agent to manage the sale for you. Get them to provide an up-to-date market appraisal and information on recent sales in your area. Then explore the various selling approaches.
6. Prep for open homes. Lock away valuables, have a plan for removing your pets and make sure you have fresh flowers in the living areas.
7. Get your ideal sale price sorted. Make sure you're realistic, if your property is priced too high you could put off potential purchasers before they even get a foot in the door.